Re: F10 and Gnome - not root login

Aldo Foot wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Steve Searle <steve stevesearle com> wrote:
>
>> Around 12:18am on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 (UK time), Aldo Foot scrawled:
>>

>>> But now, seriously, how I'm I supposed to log in at the desktop when I was not
>>> offered the chance to create a regular user account during the installation?
>>>
>> Firstboot will ask you to set up a user account.  Did you bypass this?
>>
>> Steve
>>

> I never saw the firstboot routine.
> I actually did the install *twice* thinking that I had missed that, but no.
> That's why I'm puzzled.

This is probably little comfort....  I've installed F10 multiple times,
7~10?, and the installed never failed to prompt me for setting up a user
account.

Maybe it would be helpful to know what install media you were using?

--
God was satisfied with his own work, and that is fatal. -- Samuel Butler
Mei-Mei Greshko greshko com http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSz_koUhSg