Re: F10 and Gnome - not root login

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed Greshko greshko com> wrote:
> Aldo Foot wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Steve Searle <steve stevesearle com> wrote:
>>
>>> Around 12:18am on Tuesday, January 27, 2009 (UK time), Aldo Foot scrawled:

>>> Firstboot will ask you to set up a user account.  Did you bypass this?
>>>
>>> Steve
>>>

>> I never saw the firstboot routine.
>> I actually did the install *twice* thinking that I had missed that, but no.
>> That's why I'm puzzled.
>>

> This is probably little comfort....  I've installed F10 multiple times,
> 7~10?, and the installed never failed to prompt me for setting up a user
> account.

I know what you mean. It has never failed me before. But then again
I've always installed and used  KDE. I never had to do anything out
of the ordinary when it came to creating a first user.
BTW - the install only asked me for the hostname, in fact I never saw
the part where you select the ethernet device to configure the ip.

> Maybe it would be helpful to know what install media you were using?

I'm using DVD. I'm downloading the current ISO to try it.
I may be using a Beta version... but still.

~af