Re: How to get X started?

Charles Landau wrote:
I installed Fedora 10 and, due to a missing graphics driver, it came up in text mode. I installed the needed driver and now I can enter graphics mode with the startx command.

My question is, how do I configure Fedora so it will now start X automatically when it boots?

If you've installed the X11 packages, then you should just need to change your default "init" level from 3 to 5. Look at your /etc/inittab file. Of course, if your X server isn't configured properly (and it'll tell you if its having problems starting) then you'll have another problem to fix. Luckily, you can try starting a manual X server from a logged in user account via the "startx" command to make sure it will work properly.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com