Re: Poor WiFi Performance

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 16:34, Phil Bieber <philbieber gmail com> wrote:
<--snip-->
> I checked the  MTU and it says 1500, I changed it and now the speed
> test is better than the last time (~700kbit/s up, 700kbit/s down). But
> still they are not the same or close to the Windows speeds....
<--snip-->
Hi!

I was being too enthusiastic. About 20 minutes after I wrote those lines my speeds dropped back to the speeds I mentioned in my first mail.
Is there anything else I can do?

I believe I have forgotten one last important thing: my box is 64 Bit. Can this be the problem?
If so, can I somehow convert to 32 Bit without reinstalling the whole machine? I appreciate any help and will provide any info that may help to solve this problem!

Many thanks!

Cheers
Phil Bieber

--
Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

GPG KEY ID (Philipp Bieber): 0x0185E301
FINGERPRINT: CA81 28C2 E63F DAF8 5ED4 DACB 7C26 EE5B 0185 E301
Philipp Bieber - philbieber gmail com