Re: compiling Apache 2 for WebDAV

Agile Aspect wrote:
Hi - I'm trying build WebDAV into version 2.2.9 of
Apache's HTTP server (the version shipped with Fedora 9)
on a CentOS server.

When I turn on all of the features we need, everything
works except for WebDAV.

If I move the HTTPD configuration file to Fedora 9 WebDAV
works!

If I then try to build version 2.2.9 from Apache source the
same way I built it on the CentOS server on Fedora 9, I have
the exact same problem.

So it appears to be a problem with the manner in which
I'm configuring the server - despite the fact in configures
and builds without error.

My question is how can I find all the 'configure' options used
for building the Fedora 9 HTTPD server?

Also, is anyone using Tomcat as a WebDAV server?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure you have rpmdevtools installed, and you have run /usr/bin/rpmdev-setuptree before.

as YOU:

$ yumdownloader --source httpd

When you have the rpm downloaded:

$ rpm -ihv http...src.rpm

$ cd rpmbuild/SPECS

$ vi httpd.spec

In there you will see what arguments were given to the configure script.

You will notice that WebDav is built in.

On my F8 system:

$ rpm -qf /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_dav.so
httpd-2.2.9-1.fc8

On my F10 system:

$  rpm -qf /usr/lib64/httpd/modules/mod_dav.so
httpd-2.2.10-2.x86_64

Good luck!