grub hangs after update

Yesterday I updated several F10 systems and got, among other things, a
new kernel.  All systems were reasonably up-to-date (less than a week).
On two systems, when I boot, grub hangs after just displaying GRUB.  The
other updated systems booted without problems.

The two affected systems are a Dell Inspiron 1720 (64 bit OS) and a Dell
Inspiron 8200 (32 bit).

Has anybody else seen this?  Does anybody have a suggestion on how to
fix this?

--
Sjoerd Mullender