Re: How to set up a DNS server(at Home)

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:35:30 -0600,
  Seann Clark <nombrandue tsukinokage net> wrote:
> I hate to plug books, but this may be the easiest way to get an good
> explanation to a home user of the components on a DNS server. Check out
> http://my.safaribooksonline.com/0596100574 Which is the DNS BIND book,
> which is a very valuable asset when learning DNS.

For a general overview of DNS, DJB's pages (http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html)
are probably a better start. Though he should note that neither tinydns
nor dnscache are in Fedora, so he probably isn't going to want to use
because of the extra work involved.

You response conflated parts of running a caching resolver and a publisher.
Those are two distinct things and there will be less confusion if he
understands what each does indpendently. He may only need one of these
types for his home system depending on what he is trying to accomplish.