Re: Mounting UFS partition

Fernando Apesteguía wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to mount an UFS partition from a FreeBSD 7.1 system, but
I'm getting this error:

kernel: ufs_read_super: bad magic number

I'm using this to mount the fs:

mount -t ufs -o ufstype=44bsd -o ro /dev/sda4 /mnt/FreeBSD/

Did you (a) check that the ufs module is loaded even if you get a ufs error, and (b) leave off the option or try others?

I burn ufs DVDs all the time, rather than non-standard iso9660 formats, and they have always mounted w/o options, as have ufs ZIP media I used for a project with OpenBSD four years ago.

Can't I mount the partition?

You just got all the ideas I have.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>