Re: "stale NFS file handle" problem

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 22:10:44 +0000
Anne Wilson wrote:

> I've really no idea where to look, to troubleshoot this.  All ideas welcome.

If you can, using sshfs is vastly more reliable :-).

The stale NFS filehandle thing is almost always cleared up
by unmounting and remounting, but unmounting can be hard
if it thinks the filesystem is in use. The umount -l option
is sometimes good for that.

(I love how the "stateless" NFS system apparently has state
in the form of filehandles that can get stale :-).