Re: AGP 4x Video Recommendation for FC10 w/ 1600x1080 LCDs

Kevin Kofler wrote:
Blake Hudson wrote:
The 9250's are a little dated and I've since started using GeforceFX
5200's as replacements due to availability. I've found the 5200's to be
equal or better in quality,

They're not. The Radeon 9250 is supported by the Free Software drivers in
Fedora. The NVidia crap isn't.

        Kevin Kofler

Don't go speading FUD!

The free "nv" drivers (shipped with fedora) work fine. I've never had the need to use the non-free nvidia drivers with any of the (5) nvidia cards I have. And new ATI cards have a lot of driver problems at the moment (they'll get fixed soon I'm sure).

Regards,

John