Re: OT: wifi antennas

On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 13:50 +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>  I see that Linksys (Cisco) sell quite a cheap WiFi extender.
> I don't have one, but as far as I could see it is designed
> to re-broadcast the signal.

I have one of those. It wasn't that cheap ($95 in Best Buy) and is
basically useless in my situation (too many obstacles between AP and
point of use). It's also almost completely undocumented and very finicky
to configure.

I actually wanted a Belkin extender for about half the price but they
weren't in stock. I don't think it would have worked either but I'd have
wasted less money :-(

poc