Re: Question for our users

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 7:38 AM, Ed Greshko <Ed Greshko greshko com> wrote:
> Mike McGrath wrote:
>> Hello Fedora Users!  I was wondering if everyone wouldn't mind answering
>> the following questions for me to the list.
>>
>> What is Fedora (the operating system)?
>>
> There is no "Fedora" operating system.
>
> Anyone that tells you otherwise is either mis-informed or otherwise
> ignorant.

So, *what is* Fedora then?

I read this somewhere:
"(Operating System) software that controls the execution of computer
programs and may provide various services"

And from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_system.

"An operating system (commonly abbreviated OS and O/S) is the
infrastructure software component of a computer system; it is
responsible for the management and coordination of activities and the
sharing of the limited resources of the computer"

~af