Re: Screen White-out

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 2:59 AM, Kirk Ziegler <kirk202 q com> wrote:
> Clicked on Enable Desktop Effects and my screen went white.  I can see
> the cursor.  I tried the rescue disk but it was no help.

I believe the config file that you need is
~/.kde/share/config/kwinrc, and you need to set Enabled to "false" in
the Compositing group.  This has worked for me in the past, and I
don't lose settings when I do it.  You may need to be logged out when
you do it though.

The same effect can be done by running:

    kwriteconfig --file ~/.kde/share/config/kwinrc --group Compositing
--key Enabled false