Re: FC10 and freeNX

Tom Horsley wrote:
On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 19:06:37 -0500
Jim wrote:

Has anyone installed freeNX Server on FC10, how did it go ? I'am aware that you have to install xorg-x11-fonts-misc in FC10. Please no guesses from those who have installed it in FC 7, 8 , it has a different set of problems in FC10 .
I have installed it in every FC since FC6.

Well, I have installed a version of freenx in FC10, but it is an old
one which I keep bringing forward because it works so incredibly
well that I'm afraid to try upgrading :-).

For fc10, I had to make an extra rpm to install the old libcrypto.so.0.9.8b
to satisfy the dependency in the ancient freenx-0.4.4-2.FC5.0.noarch.rpm
and nx-1.5.0-4.FC5.1.i386.rpm I continue to install.

And I keep going to all this trouble because it keeps working perfectly :-).

So if my ancient version works, probably a newer one works
(I'm just afraid to find out :-).

The key that had to go from Client to Server, What file from Client to file in the Server did the key go in to. I have been using NoMachine NX in past FC versions but some servers I connect to has more than two users that I have to get inside of their desktop, an NoMachine only allows for two users per server.

Thanks for your responds