Sound with gstreamer-apps is unbearable

Hugh Caley hughc at aldon.com
Fri Jan 30 02:35:03 UTC 2009

In the Gnome Sound Preferences control panel, with Music and Movices
Sound Playback set to SiS S17012 ... (OSS) the sounds in Rhythmbox is
entirely stable, even with the Firefox flash plugin bug nearly pegging
my cpu.

Setting Sound Playback to Alsa or Pulse Audio brings back the sound
problems immediately.  It makes me wonder if this is really a hardware
driver problem ...

Hugh

--
Hugh Caley, Linux Administrator