Update revisor

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Fri Jan 30 07:46:55 UTC 2009

Terry Polzin wrote:
> My goal is to respin a DVD image with all the updates and then upgrade from
> it.  Doing this makes the upgrade process faster as after the first boot you
> don't spend several hours updating. It is not clear what configuration files,
> (and I am sure that there is more than one that needs to be modified) to
> provide the ability to build a new and updated F10 image.  I am reluctant to
> build a new image on my one laptop which is running F10 as something possibly
> KDE4 is sucking resources away even though this is a laptop with (an older)
> 2ghz CPU.
>
> Revisor possibly needs the ability to download updated config files from the
> mirrors.

You do not want Revisor version in Fedora 8 to spin the Fedora 10 media
you are going to use to upgrade.

Fedora Unity is working on a Fedora 10 Re-Spin as we speak (in fact, I
am working on it while I'm typing this, and Fedora Unity's Test Team
will take over as soon as I publish the product somewhere).

You may be interested in participating in our Test Team even if only you
report your upgrade from Fedora 8 went good or bad.

http://lists.fedoraunity.org/pipermail/test-team/2009-January/000304.html

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip