Re: Understanding the mystery of printing?

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 12:57:39 +0000
Anne Wilson wrote:

> If that printer is supported by hplip you would be far better off installing
> it.  It will already have the facility to handle all the features of the
> printer.  OOo of course is a separate matter.  They seem hell-bent on making
> printing as awkward as possible.

It was installed via hplip, but that doesn't mean it prints exactly
aligned DVDs :-). And OO is definitely another matter - not just printing.
I was trying to just write some multi-colored text the other day,
and it was insanely complex to get the text color to "stick". The
whole group of gnome/OO/evolution developers seem to have been
dropped on their heads one too many times :-).