Re: Need second opinion, is my HD failing?

Richard Shaw wrote:
> I've been having some quirky issues lately and decided to take a look
> at the SMART data for the disk. There seems to be a large count of
> errors in some of the categories.

you did not mention make and model, so i can not offer a link.

i will suggest that you log site that makes drive and look for
a diagnostic floppy file or cd iso and run on drive.

if you have not already, do a full backup and start running incremental
backups.

--
peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
help microsoft stamp out piracy - give linux to a friend today
**
to mess up a linux box, you need to work at it;
to mess up an ms windows box, you just need to *look at* it.
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****