Anyway like to "Test" the java site below. F9

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sat Jan 31 17:12:43 UTC 2009

On Saturday 31 January 2009 18:04, Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr> [2009-01-31 11:54]:
> > I assume your asking me to try the F10 version of the plugin on F9. Yes?
>
> I'm not sure it's been tested on F9 but yes, that's what he meant.
>
> > I am still puzzled though, as to why, on Opera, and Konqueror, if I set a
> > path to java, as on my original post, there is no problem with the
> > jigzone site.
>
> I don't know.  jigzone uses LiveConnect which doesn't work at all with
> gcjwebplugin which is what was included with Fedora 9.  jigzone is one
> of the test sites that Deepak Bhole used while working on LiveConnect
> support.
>
> > What exactly is this "Live Connect"?
>
> It's the Java<->JavaScript bridge that many applet sites make use of.
> Support for it first appeared in Fedora 10.  In Fedora 9, the browser
> plugin was the old gcjwebplugin.  In Fedora 10, it's the completely
> re-written IcedTeaPlugin which has support for LiveConnect.
>
> HTH,
>
> Andrew

Thanks for the explanation Andrew. I'll have a go at installing the Iced Tea
Plugin for F10 on F9. If it works ok, that's fine for my F9 install, but the
same problem will still remain on my Kubuntu installs on this machine. I'll
perhaps have to report a bug against the plugin on these.

Thanks again for your input.

Nigel.