Re: KDE4 Widget Inconsistency

On Saturday 31 January 2009 13:50:31 homburg tips-q com wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 12:18:15 -0600
>
> Arthur Pemberton <pemboa gmail com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 12:11 PM,  <homburg tips-q com>
> >
> > wrote:
> > > Every time I boot I get a different desktop and panel.
> > >
> > > Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> >
> > None, I haven't experienced that myself, nor have I heard
> > of it.
>
> OK. I'll file a bug at KDE
>
> Thanks
I haven't experience this either, however..

Which Fedora do you use (I don't know if F10 and F9 has the same KDE version)
?
Do you by any chance have older KDE configuration in ~/.kde from older KDE
version (i.e. 3.x) that you just use with KDE 4 ?
I've seen some weird things with that situation, so usually I try to start
fresh by removing my .kde from 3.x.
Could you try starting from a new configuration and see if you still experience
the problem ?
For example, do:
mv ~/.kde ~/.kde-old
mv ~/.kderc ~/.kderc-old

That will force KDE to re-create its configuration. You will loose all your
previous configurations and any config in KDE apps, but maybe  check to see if
that cure your problem.

RDB