Re: USB Descriptor error message on booting

On Saturday 31 January 2009 14:06:02 Craig White wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 13:50 -0500, RDB wrote:

<snip>
> > So I am still left wondering what the error messages is about, if those
> > USB devices seems to work, particularly rather irritating is the long
> > boot time.
>
> ----
> I would unplug all but essential USB devices (mouse? keyboard?) and
> reboot to see if the long boot time is related to USB (my guess is not).

I'll give that a try. But, this seems to be something hardware related and not
quite consistent. My last reboot didn't show any of the errors I mentioned
before and so booted normally with no delay. Nothing has changed in the
system.

> I would also recommend updating BIOS because it generally does fix
> motherboard USB junk. I note that I purchased a new Acer Aspire One just
> 2 weeks ago and found that my 'edge' USB hard disk didn't work that well
> in Linux, didn't work at all in Windows (dual-boot) and BIOS update made
> things work right for both.

OK, if it keeps happening, I'll try updating the BIOS. Thanks for your

RDB