accessing a samba network drive via the command line

Kevin Kempter kevin at kevinkempterllc.com
Wed Jul 1 18:13:40 UTC 2009

Hi all:

I have a network drive that I've setup as a samba connection in dolphin.

in dolphin I can go to Network --> LacieBigDisk and connect to the drive

However I want to access it via the command line

I can see this info per smbclient (there is no passwd)

smbclient -L 192.168.1.30
Enter root's password:
Domain=[LACIE-2BIG] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.25b]

        Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        raw             Disk
        aperature       Disk
        IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (LaCie 2big Network)
Domain=[LACIE-2BIG] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.25b]

        Server               Comment
        ---------            -------

        Workgroup            Master
        WORKGROUP            LACIE-2BIG

I tried this:
# smbclient service \\\\192.168.1.30\\LACIE-2BIG\\raw "

and this:
# smbclient service //192.168.1.30/LACIE-2BIG/raw ""

with no luck.

thoughts?

thanks in advance