Atheros AR242x 802.11abg don´t working in Fedora 11 and cpu frequency scaling

Pedro Jose ercrokan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 06:56:39 UTC 2009

Hello to everbody:

I have a Compaq Presario C735EM laptop, and his wireless card is a Atheros
AR242x 802.11abg. My Fedora 11 i586 installation use the kernel module named
ath5k, and the wireless card is named wlan0. The problem is because the
wireless card don´t start and don´t detect the wireless networks. I´m crazy
because in Fedora 10 all works "on the air", but not in Fedora 11.

I try to compile the madwifi-hal-0.10.5.6 driver, but I have a error in the
compilation (madwifi have a ticket, but I think it will take to solve). How
as posible that all works in Fedora 10 but not in Fedora 11?

The other question is about the frequency scaling of my cpu, a Celeron M
540. In the Live CD the frequency scaling works fine, but not in my
installation. I load the p4-clockmod module but not working. Any idea?

Sorry for my english, I´m spanish.

Saludos,

Pedro