gpk : why so many reboots??

Beartooth beartooth at comcast.net
Fri Jul 3 14:06:36 UTC 2009

	Rather than trust to auto-updating, and be constantly interrupted
when busy, I disable that and just run gpk-update-viewer by mouse every
day or so, when there are quiet moments, on one machine after another.

	One advantage of that, btw, is that when I see an update for an
app I'm sure I don't want, it alerts me to go uninstall it.

	One thing bugs me. It seems like practically every update I get
has not one but several of those little icons telling me I have to reboot
when the update finishes.

	Is this really necessary?? Why???