any ETA on improved ATI drivers?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jul 5 12:27:33 UTC 2009

On Saturday 04 July 2009, Frank Cox wrote:
>On Sat, 04 Jul 2009 23:05:14 -0400
>
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Me 3.  But in my case, once it starts, only a reboot will stop it.
>> Using the radeonhd driver with an HD2400 Pro card.
>
>I am running F11 with a Radeon X1950 Pro card and haven't had any problems
> at all with the comes-with-Fedora video driver.  I didn't have to do a
> thing to get it working with my wide-screen monitor when I installed F11 on
> this computer, and I haven't had to do anything with it since.

But your card is not an HD family card.  That would seem to be the operative
keyword.  It works ok for days at a time.  But when it starts that, I may as
well just do a graceful reboot & be done with it.

Thanks.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Wow!  Look!!  A stray meatball!!  Let's interview it!