Fedora was wrong (I think) (was Re: "One or more disks are failing" ?)

Scott Beamer geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Mon Jul 6 07:25:02 UTC 2009

On 07/06/2009 12:05 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 06/07/09 07:57, Scott Beamer wrote:
>> So last night I booted into Windows. And I got my hand on a program (GUI
>> based) that gives you all the SMART stats in slightly better plain
>> English. There were no warnings of demise of any type (I'm back in Linux
>> now and the program name escapes me, but it's not really important).
>>
>> In any event, just to be sure, I installed Ubuntu today (zapping the
>> Fedora partitions) and ran the test again.
>
> And you trust Windose and Ubuntu.  Mwaahaaaahhaa
>

> Frank
>

> Sorry had to do it. :D

LOL.

I trust Debian and Mandriva as well. Only Fedora had been raising the
alarm over the past month. :)

And someone else earlier in this thread mentioned that he was convinced
it was a bug and filed a (redhat) bug report some time ago.

And lastly, with regard to the "propeller-head" remark. I wasn't
referring to anyone in this discussion. I was referring to the
developer(s) who (may have) introduced the bug in the smartmontools that
ended up in Fedora 11.

I just thought I'd clarify while I was thinking about it.

--
	Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com