Samba Issues [ALMOST SOLVED] still need help

Mike Adolf mlnx at mho.com
Wed Jul 8 01:29:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-07 at 18:42 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Mike Adolf wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-07-07 at 17:17 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> >> Yes, the problem is the ntfs - it does not support SELinux
> >> attributes. You can fix the problem by add the
> >> context=system_u:object_r:samba_share_t:s0 option to the fstab entry
> >> used to mount the ntfs partition.
> >>

> > Mikkel,
> >
> > Thanks, I give it a try.
> > Mike
> >
> Let me know how it work out. I should have given a fstab example, to
> show how you add the context option...
>
> /dev/sda1 /mnt/ntfs -t ntfs-3g
> context=system_u:object_r:samba_share_t:s0 0 0
>
> Mikkel
> --

I don't think I can try it until I install the next version of Fedora.
Why? Because just before I got your first email, I got pretty upset at
selinux (I still think it is way to hard for the general user ). So, I
disabled it. Everything shares great now, but I realize that many files
are now written without selinux and I stand a good chance of running
into problems if I enable it again. But I'll keep you emails for my next
install.

Thanks,
Mike