Downgrading from Fedora 10 to Fedora 8

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 14:26:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 10:20 -0400, Rick Sales wrote:
> I have to downgrade to Fedora 8 because I have an application that
> needs to run on this particular computer and it is not compatible with
> Fedora 10 (currently installed).  How do I go about this?  If I need
> to remove Fedora 10, how do I do it?  I have no other operating system
> on this machine and no other purpose for it other than to run the
> application, so I can pretty much do whatever.

Just reinstall F8. No need to remove F10 as the installation will wipe
everything. Do *not* try to preserve your F10 installation other than
via backups of important data, it won't work.

And understand that F8 is no longer supported and you're on your own.

Alternately, use F8 under a virtual machine within F10. Depending on
what the application is, this might be the best solution.

poc