Another Firefox 3.5 problem update

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jul 9 17:28:31 UTC 2009

On Thursday 09 July 2009, Phil Meyer wrote:
>On 07/09/2009 07:58 AM, Bradley wrote:
>> I just did a bigger search of issues with Firefox 3.5 on the Mozilla
>> website and apparently the problem I've experienced is one of a number
>> of problems with this release.  There are numerous reports of users
>> having to downgrade back to 3.0 due to varying compatibility and
>> website issues.  It would therefore be my recommendation that Fedora
>> (as well as any other release) to officially not use 3.5 until these
>> issues have been resolved.  If 3.5 works fine with the sites you
>> visit, they you have "dodged the bullet" successfully but do not be
>> surprised if you suddenly go to a new site (for you) and find it
>> doesn't work.  Feel free to check it out yourself.
>>
>> Bradley
>
>Hogwash and Troll spittle.
>
>There are millions of web sites that have trouble with all versions of
>the Mozilla browsers on Linux, as they have been specifically written to
>use active X and other MS only 'features'.

And those sites I only hit once.  Fortunately, the activeX crap is rapidly
becoming a minority as web composers have come to realize that despite the M$
claims to the contrary, there are other browsers that _do_ conform to the
standards out there, and are just as rapidly gaining square footage of dirt
that IE used to think was all its own by eminent domain or similar nefarious
schemes, like paying off the Gardener Group to write glowing reviews and miss-
quote the stats if they can.  They do after all, want folks to be able to use
the site, and the shopping cart MUST work if they intend to make a living from
it.

>This is nothing new.
>
>Nothing to see here.  Move along ...

Std crowd control practices apply here too. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Default, n.: