Another Firefox 3.5 problem update

George Avrunin avrunin at math.umass.edu
Thu Jul 9 17:46:45 UTC 2009

Well, I'm getting strange behavior on www.nytimes.com with FF 3.5 (but not
enough to make it unusable).

I'm on F11, fully updated.  When I click on an article, FF seems to think
that it's loaded twice. I noticed this because the back arrow wouldn't work
once I had gone to an article. If I click on the list of sites to go back
to (the small triangle next to the back and forward arrows), it shows the
current page twice. Clicking on the back arrow doesn't change that.  But
if I click on something farther down the list, I get back to that page.

I tried moving my .mozilla out of the way and starting fresh and saw the
same behavior.  Konqueror doesn't have this problem.  I haven't tried FF
3.5 on a Windows machine.  Any ideas?

  George