Logging on AT&T Yahoo Dial-Up with Linux

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Jul 10 18:05:39 UTC 2009

Roy Quick wrote:
> July 9, 2009
>
> Anybody, please advise me how to log on AT&T Yahoo dial-up after
> installing Fedora.  Frustrated.  I have not be able to make connect
> after installing any Linux OS.  AT&T Yahoo techs, of course, respond
> that they do not support Linux.  If impossible to log on with AT&T Yahoo
> dial-up, please suggest another Internet Provider.  Tried a local
> Internet Provider recently.  Found it preventing updates.  Dropped it.
> Roy Quick <roy.quick at att.net>

Don't give up. I have done it on my laptop. As long as your modem is
detected, you should be able to create the connection using
system-config-network. In Gnome, it can be accessed from System -->
Administration --> Network.

 One thing to keep in mind is that your username is your full AT&T
e-mail address. For example, yours is probably going to be
roy.quick at att.net.

Mikkel