how to kill mail threads i dont care about - someone w procmail skill?

Mail Lists lists at sapience.com
Sat Jul 11 03:57:45 UTC 2009

 Every once in a while I want to not read any posts or any followups
when they are initiated by a certain person - or on a specific topic/
Topics are easy to killfile coz we only need to match the subject.

 Anyone got any ideas (procmail probably simplest) how to kill an entire
mail thread if that thread is started by a specific email address ?

 I think the logic could be something like ( there may be better ways to
do this)

  If (<from> matches <target>)
         append Message-ID to message_id_list
         junk message.

Loop (ID from message_id_list)
    If (any mail has References matching ID
        junk message;

 Of course message_id_list is a growing list and should probably be
culled every week (or something).

 thanks.