64-bit LXDE spin/remix

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 11 17:31:37 UTC 2009

> What is so indefensible about saying that I don't have a
> 64-bit system
> to create a 64-bit variant for you nor do I have the time
> to test more
> variants?  As far as I can see, you want a 64-bit
> variant and you seem
> upset that I didn't volunteer my time to create that for
> you.

Actually, I am put off by your responses, not by your legitimate point that you do not have access to a 64-bit system.

> > Your response on 32-bit systems is puerile: there has
> been no claim made that a "large majority" of users use
> 32-bit systems.
>
> Actually, there is clear evidence for this. See smolt.org
> stats for
> example.

No question, but the line you took out from my response says that there is no way you can measure interest in 64-bit or other LXDE since there is no way this can be gauged since it is not provided.

> > I fail to see how everyone with his/her own private
> remixes/spins can contribute to the building of an official
> Fedora remix/spin.
>
> It is fairly easy, take the kickstart file, do your own
> builds and
> report problems or other feedback to the package
> maintainers and remix
> or spin maintainers.

Yes, but the step-by-step instructions are far from clear. Also, I would perhaps add some of my own rpms that i believe should be in...

> > Arrogance and whim are not good open-source values:
> they are best left behind for the closed-source world....as
> is appropriation which is sort of how windoze started....
>
> You have thrown such accusations at me before for no good
> reason. This
> course of discussion is not constructive. I suggest you use
> your energy
> in a better way.

Good! I guess we agree that these are not good values.

> Rahul
>
> Ps: Your mail client doesn't line wrap properly.

This is the virtues of using a commercial mailer...