Getting more juice from a preamp?

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 12 04:34:15 UTC 2009

--- On Sat, 7/11/09, gilpel at altern.org <gilpel at altern.org> wrote:

> From: gilpel at altern.org <gilpel at altern.org>
> Subject: Getting more juice from a preamp?
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Date: Saturday, July 11, 2009, 10:34 PM
> I listen to sound on my system with
> headphones, so I only use the preamp.
>
> This aft, I was watching this feature on the cause of
> Beethoven's death:
>
> http://www.radio-canada.ca/emissions/decouverte/2008-2009/Reportage.asp?idDoc=83307
>
> but the sound is a bit weak. You don't miss anything, but
> you feel you
> have to be very attentive. Maybe they wanted to make you
> feel like you're
> getting deaf yourself :)
>
> I checked alsamixer, but volume control is maxed out. Is
> there any other
> control somewhere else? Anything in alsactl or pulseaudio,
> for instance?
>
> Thnaks!
>
> --

Try the following:

$ alsamixer -c0
then
$  pavucontrol

after adjusting those to your preference save your settings with
$ su -c '/sbin/alsactl store'

put in your password and settings should be saved for next reboot, ***unless*** an update(s) breaks your configuration and let us hope that those things don't happen :)

Regards,

Antonio