How do I switch mirror for rpmfusion?

gilpel at altern.org gilpel at altern.org
Mon Jul 13 05:14:30 UTC 2009

I'm trying to install OOo at the present time with Pirut. I started
downloading at about 21:45h. It's now midnight, I have 203 MB downloaded
and it's not finished, Results from iftop:

192.168.7.XXX => btr0x2.rz.uni-bayreuth.de  9.73Kb  8.77Kb  8.09Kb
              <=                            360Kb   265Kb   230Kb

TX: cumm:275KB peak:12.8Kb rates:9.73Kb   8.77Kb 8.09Kb
RX:      7.57MB     421Kb        360Kb    265Kb  230Kb
TOTAL:   7.84MB     434Kb        370Kb    273Kb  238Kb

As you can see, my dl is not from liberty.edu anymore. I also removed
fastestmirror. In Germany, everybody is asleep at this time and their
mirror usually have enough bandwidth.

I tried to download Knoppix from uni-bayreuth, then from tu-chemnitz with
wget, and I had the same speeds. Soon thereafter, I saw the Pirut transfer
had switched to... tu-chemnitz :) but it soon went back to uni-bayreuth.

My ISP has enough bandwidth. I usually easily get 500 kB/sec.

The problem I have is not a "regular" problem. I'm sure nobody has such
difficulty downloading from uni-bayreuth *and* tu-chemnitz at this time of
day. I sometimes dowloaded Knoppix ISOs either from tu-chemnitz or
Kaiserlautern in about 20 minutes.

So, Stan, as far as I am concerned, I do agree that it's better not to
turn the world upside down to implement bittorrent downloads :)