simple LDAP for address book?

Bradley pursley001 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 13 18:12:11 UTC 2009

On 07/13/2009 10:44 AM, Aly Dharshi wrote:
> On 07/13/2009 09:37 AM, Bradley wrote:
>> Let me know when you figure this out. I've wanted to do something
>> similar but also got bogged down by T.M.I. for something simple I wanted
>> to do.
>
> Shouldn't something like Thunderbird + Addressbooks Synchronizer + an
> imap folder suffice for this ? Why would you want to use a directory
> server for this, that would be over kill no ?
Actually not.

We have multiple logins on my home system with, varying system rights
and privileges, but we all way to share the same address books for
varying reasons.  So, I need to set up a shareable address book between
the accounts with only one administrator of those lists.  This seemed to
be the logical answer to this problem.

Bradley