threading broken in thunderbird-3.0b2 ?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 14 05:54:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-13 at 10:34 -0500, Bradley wrote:
> The only problem I've had with it is that even though it gets it right
> most of the time, every now and then it doesn't put a response under
> the message it should have.

Check the headers for such messages, the poster probably posted using a
broken client that destroyed the headers used for threading.  Posting
clients need to keep, and add to, the references headers, and change the
in-reply-to header, for threading to work properly.  Screw that up, as
many crap clients are apt to, and threading is ruined.  Using subject
lines and dates for message sorting is not threading.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.