disabling IRQ # 16

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Tue Jul 14 06:47:59 UTC 2009

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 05:55:33 +0000
g wrote:

> from what i recalled of problems with irq 16, apic slots, you had a conflict
> with a shared interrupts, video, nic, and sata. or what ever else you may
> have plugged into apic slots. another great design brought about by intel's
> marvelous limited thinking.

I updated the bios on this motherboard earlier this afternoon -- it was about 8
releases out-of-date according to what I found on the Intel website.

Hopefully that will solve the problem.  I have had this computer for about a
month now, and this morning was the first time I ever saw that error so it's
not something that comes up regularly.