PulseAudio daemon not running ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 14:40:39 UTC 2009

Do I have a pulseAudio daemon running or not ?

$ ps aux | grep pulse
xxx     3054  0.0  0.1  89700  4296 ?   Ssl  07:13
0:00 /usr/bin/pulseaudio --start --log-target=syslog

xxx     3106  0.0  0.0  10036  2328 ?        S    07:13
0:00 /usr/libexec/pulse/gconf-helper

However, when I go KDE->f->administration->Services Service
Configuration, the PulseAudio service is not shown.

How do I install the pulseAudio daemon and get it running ?

Thanks

$ yum list \*pulse
\*
Loaded plugins: dellsysidplugin2, downloadonly, kmdl, priorities,
refresh-packagekit
1 packages excluded due to repository priority
protections
Installed
Packages
alsa-plugins-pulseaudio.i586