httpd fails after boot

Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED m_d_berger_1900 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 24 00:35:24 UTC 2009

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 19:09:01 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

[...]
> If you put the variables you need in /etc/sysconfig/httpd, you could
> then source that file anywhere else you need the same variables set. If
> you just need it for one user, you could add something like this to
> .bashrc. If you need it for all users, put it in /etc/profile.d in a
> file <something>.sh (Taken from /etc/init.d/httpd).
>
> if [ -f /etc/sysconfig/httpd ]; then
>         . /etc/sysconfig/httpd
> fi
>
> Would that do what you want?
>
> Mikkel
[...]

I could source it any place bash commands work.  However
as far as I know, I could not do it in httpd.config .
Please let me know if there is a way to do this.

But I could do it in /etc/init.d/httpd .  I suppose that
there I source /etc/bashrc or /root/.bashrc .  I have no
problem modifying /etc/init.d/httpd .  I keep my changes
backed up and anything an update does is examined
carefully.  I had to change it anyway to change - 85 15 to
35 85 15 .  The working day is now ending at -0400.
Tomorrow I will try to source /root/.bashrc .  I wonder
what problems I'll generate.

Thanks,
Mike.