Gnome responsiveness

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Mon Jul 27 02:42:29 UTC 2009

Is it just me, or does gnome (don't have kde installed so can't test
that) seem really slow?  And I mean, like when hitting an button on a
menu to close it, to hit a menu such as File/edit/etc.. Seems most of
the time, it takes a number of tries to get the button or menu pushed or
whatever. Takes time to sometimes open/close a program.  I didn't have
any problems with F10 and my system isn't exactly ancient, as it's dual
athlon cpu, 64 bit, with 4Gb ram, with decently new nvidia card.  Have
tried ext4 and ext3 and no difference (both 64 bit os installed).

I even tried top and don't see anything running high, as processor or
memory.

Anyone else?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

Fedora Project - Bugzapper, Tester, User, etc..
miketc302 at fedoraproject.org