no sound with TVTime

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Mon Jul 27 17:34:12 UTC 2009

Martin Legault wrote:
> Hello Mikkel,
>
> sorry to join in late in the thread, I just installed F11 this morning
> and TVTime as no sound, when I press the arrow key, the volume stay at
> 0. I tried a few thing before looking on the web and none work.
>
> my card is an older hauppage PVR-50 (if my memory is correct) NTSC only.
> I tried modprobe snd-pcm-oss with no luck
>
> here is the output of dmesg:
>
> Bt87x 0000:05:00.1: PCI INT A -> GSI 20 (level, low) -> IRQ 20
> ALSA sound/pci/bt87x.c:931: bt87x0: Using board 1, analog, digital (rate
> 32000 Hz)
<---------------------------[SNIP]-------------------->

I have the same card - with the cable that runs between it and the
sound card. It sounds like you do not have the mixer specified
correctly. I have not updated that machine to F11 yet, so I can
offer limited help. (Things to try and report back the results.) One
way is to load the OSS emulation layer, and see if that fixes the
problem. (modprobe snd-pcm-oss)

Most of the other things to try have already been covered in the
thread.

> what would be the best way to continue in the mail chain?

The best way would be to reply to a message in the original thread.

One of these days, I am going to play with getting the digital audio
from the card working...

Mikkel