Status of a 2.6.30 kernel ? Other sources for a 2.6.30 kernel.

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Jul 27 22:38:03 UTC 2009

davide wrote:
> Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Its been suggested that the root issue with the Intel/ Pulseaudio sound
>> problem has been addressed in the 2.6.30 kernels.
>>
>> Does anyone know when a 2.6.30 kernel will be released ?  Is there a
>> prebuilt 2.6.30 kernel in an unstable, testing or development repository
>> somewhere ?  If so, how would I easily install it using yum ?
>
> look into the koji website. You'll find a .30 package and also a .src.rpm if you
> want to recompile it yourself.
> The procedure is simple and you can look for it into the wiki.
> (but I've to say, I tried once with no success :-))

I don't see a .30 kernel on rawhide, or in updates-testing for FC10, the jump
may be waiting on confirmation of this:
   http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/07/18/0136224
although GCC would seem broken if it really generates the code claimed,
initializing a variable does not prevent it from being NULL. I'm unsere if this
is a problem, but it might be held back until checked.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>