FC11 Freezes at udev on boot

Jatin K ssh.fedora at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 05:20:20 UTC 2009

On 07/29/2009 10:39 AM, Tony Nelson wrote:
> On 09-07-29 00:28:42, Jatin K wrote:
>
>> I've installed fedora FC (2.6.29.4.fc11.i586) ... after getting
>> update
>>
>> my kernel updated to 2.6.29.6-213.fc11.i586, now my system freezes at
>> udev  when booting, before update it was fine !!!
>>

>> what it could be ?? how do I solve this issue ?
>>

> It could be the new kernel.  Try a previous kernel.  Press a key while
> Grub is starting during boot (just before the kernel is loaded), and,
> when the Grub menu appears, use the up/down arrow keys to select
> another kernel, and then press RETURN (or right-arrow) to boot.

I've tried it .. ( old kernel ) but the thing remains same, after that I
reinstalled FC11 from DVD, problem was solved.. then again I get the
update from fedora ...  (I see the icon at panel, telling that new
updates are available ), now again I'm facing the same problem !!!! :-(
. so I think that there are some update which causes the trouble

thnX &  Regards