quota management

Arun Shrimali arun.reso at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 12:35:05 UTC 2009

Dear All,

I am trying to setup a file server for my users. I am using Fedora 11
with samba and quota, all are working properly but,

1. For experiment I have crated a user abc and gave the quota of 5mb
for his home folder, copied the files in his folder successfully, than
it show "No space left on device", I deleted all the files, but still
it is showing "No space left on device", I again check but there was
no file in the home folder. Why it is showing no space ?? Deleting
files does not release the quota to user ??

2. I have some folders (public, impdocs, etc) which are shared to the
user through samba, How can I limit the max size of these folders to
grow ??

regards

Arun