Sound is gone

Mark Eggers mdeggers at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 00:02:47 UTC 2009

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 14:03:31 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:

> in /etc/pulse/default.pa, change the line
>
> 	load-module module-hal-detect

> 	load-module module-hal-detect tsched=0

And if I do this, I lose my PCI-based sound card from pulseaudio.

My hardware:

LogiTech QuickCam Pro 5000:     card 0 (usb)
Intel 82801BA/BAM AC'97   :     card 1 (on board)
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz CS46xx: card 2 (PCI card - my preferred card)

If I stop playback on a player (audacious for example), I lose sound when
I restart the playback.  I have to exit the player to get sound back.

I have also noticed that when using audacious or rhythmbox, the stereo
link icon in the advanced volume control becomes unlinked.

There are more issues, but I have not done a systematic walk through all
of them at this point.