2 firefox 3.5.1 issues

stan gryt2 at q.com
Fri Jul 31 14:10:46 UTC 2009

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 22:29:01 -0700
Paolo Galtieri <pgaltieri at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have 2 issues with the latest firefox on F11.  The first is every
> time I start up firefox I get a tab that is a listing of the contents
> of my home directory.  I have firefox configured to start up with the
> tabs from last time.  No matter what I do I always get this tab.  The

F11 x86_64 FF3.5.1, don't see this issue.  Also have former tabs
recalled at start.  Closest I see is when switching back from console
and FF is in focus, it brings up a help tab.  i.e. it is catching the F1

> second issue is I cannot get the 64bit flash player plugin from Adobe
> for firefox to generate sound.  If I run the 32bit version of firefox
> 3.0.11 and use the 32 bit flash plugin that comes from F11 firefox
> crashes immediately.  Has anyone else had problems with firefox 3.5
> and gotten sound to work with flash?

Not with adobe flash.  I can listen to sound samples at
http://www.freesound.org most of the time using gnash, the gnome flash
replacement.  It occasionally gets out of sync and clicks and pops are
all I hear.  Turning off flash for the site and restarting it fixes it.