Abnormal disk access

Patrick Dupre pd520 at york.ac.uk
Fri Jul 31 18:12:48 UTC 2009

Hello,

Since I installed fedora 11 x86_64, I do periodically (every 15-20 mn)
disque access even when the machine is at rest. It does not appear
that the machine should swap (the memory is not full at all).
The major incovenient is that it also froze the machine without
clear increase of the CPU (again the machine is at rest).
I do not see what could cause this. I never appear on the
same machine before in i686 (I just set a brand new disk).

What could cause this problem ?

--
---
  Patrick DUPRÉ                      |   |
  York YO10 5DD  United Kingdom      |   |    email: pd520 at york.ac.uk