Anyway to configure more than one KVM boot device?

I am running a number of KVM guests on a physical machine, and want to
configure the hosts to boot from the network if the internal disk
isn't bootable. After reading through a number of documents, I came
across the following bug report:

According to that document, I should be able to configure two boot
device statements by adding a second boot tag to the domain

    <type arch='x86_64' machine='pc'>hvm</type>
    <boot dev='hd'/>
    <boot dev='network'/>

When I attempt to start a guest with this configuration (I added the
new line using virsh's edit command), I receive the following error:

virsh # start kvmnode2
libvir: QEMU error : internal error Failure while reading monitor
startup output: Input/output error
error: Failed to start domain kvmnode2

Has anyone bumped into this? I checked the KVM website and fedora
archives, but wasn't able to locate a solution to this. I am using
Fedora 10 with the latest updates.

- Ryan