Re: OT: Can Reformatting A Hard Drive To ext3 Destroy All the Data On It?

> On 05/30/2009 04:49 AM, Mike Cloaked wrote:
> How do you access the security erase facility?

All kidding aside, there's a web site from which you can download a
little DOS utility to invoke security erase on a drive.  The README
claims that security erase is better than smashing the drive to bits,
though (I suspect) not better then pulling out the platters and
blowtorching them till the oxide falls off.

URL for the site is:
        http://cmrr.ucsd.edu/people/Hughes/SecureErase.shtml

jon